HELPING THE COMMUNITY
According to the ASPCA, “spaying or neutering your pet, will help control the pet homelessness crisis, which results in millions of healthy dogs and cats being euthanized in the United States each year simply because there aren’t enough homes to go around. There are also medical and behavioral benefits to spaying (female pets) and neutering (male pets) your animals.”
Below is a list of health benefits to spay/neutering your pets:
- Your female pet will live a longer, healthier life. It prevent uterine infections and breast tumors.
- Neutering your male companion prevents testicular cancer and some prostate problems.
And behavioral benefits:
- Your spayed female pet won’t go into heat.
- Your male dog will be less likely to roam away from home.
- Your neutered male may be better behaved.
For more details to this list please visit the ASPCA website.
Spay/Neuter Your Pet
If you are a Kansas resident and live in Harvey County, we can give out up to two SNYP (Spay-Neuter-Your-Pet) Vouchers per household, per year. They expire in 30 days. These vouchers take $70 off of your spay/neuter bill when you take your pet to any of these participating veterinary offices:
- All Creature Veterinary Clinic
- Animal Health center of Marion
- Ark Valley Animal Hospital
- Countryaid Veterinary Service PA
- Great Plains Pet Hospital
- Hesston Veterinary Clinic
- Hillsboro Animal Clinic
- Newton Animal Hospital
- Peabody Veterinary hospital
- Sedgwick veterinary Hospital
- Spur Ridge Vet Hospital
- Valley Center veterinary Hospital
- Indian Hills Animal Clinic
- Maple street Veterinary Hospital
- Caring Hearts Veterinary Clinic
We receive limited funding from a private donor, typically one to two times a year. If you need a voucher and you live in Marion County, please call and ask if we have any available.