OPERATIONS DURING COVID-19
We’ve had to improvise in so many ways to keep our organization running and keep the pets in our care happy, healthy, and continuing to find homes in some very challenging times. We want to thank you again for your support in all of our changes. Moving forward, we will continue to have the same outlook in our daily activities. For the safety of the community, our staff, and ultimately the animals in our care, we will do what it takes to flatten the curve of COVID-19. We will remain limiting visitors and continue scheduling appointments, using curbside service as much as possible. Our staff is expected to wear masks while interacting with customers. We ask that visitors are wearing masks, as well. We have also installed a plexiglass barrier at our front desk! Surfaces are being sanitized throughout the day and after appointments. We hope you understand that with our small team at Caring Hands, it is important that everyone remains healthy. The animals count on all of us. Thank you for understanding, and stay safe.
Again please call to make an appointment for the following:
- The volunteer program has been put on hold.
- Foster parents
- SNYP - Call ahead we will come out to your vehicle
ADOPT/FOSTER: If you are interested in adopting one of our animals, we ask that you fill out an application online Once this is completed, you can call us to check on the status of the application. We are asking that you wait to visit with the animals until your application has been approved, and only visit with the animals that you are seriously interested in. DOG MEETS will be done outdoors at this time. CATS will be allowed one visitor at a time in our visitation room. We will schedule a time for you to come visit the animal you are interested in. Please wait in your car and call when you are waiting to be assisted.
- OWNER SURRENDER: CALL AHEAD TO SCHEDULE. We will meet you at your vehicle so that you do not have to come into the building. Please call and let us know you are in the parking lot waiting to be assisted. We are asking that you call us at 316-283-0839 to schedule a time to surrender your animal(s). We are aiming to reduce the frequency of this,
as a shelter environment is not going to be the best option for them at this time. If you are needing some kind of assistance to keep your pet for at least the next two weeks, please get in touch with us as we may be able to help with your situation. We will only accept surrenders from our required locations: HARVEY COUNTY residents not living within any city limits, NEWTON residents, NORTH NEWTON residents, and BURRTON residents.
- STRAYS: CALL AHEAD. We will meet you at your vehicle so that you do not have to come into the building. Please call and let us know you are in the parking lot waiting to be
assisted. We are asking to please work with your community if you find a stray pet to attempt to find owners. We can also share photos on our page to help with attempting to
find owners before bringing a lost pet here.
- VOLUNTEERS: No volunteer duties at this time, unless it is related to Adventure Tails.
IF you are bringing an animal for any reason, please leave your animal in your vehicle to limit the amount of exposure from animal to person and animal to animal, until a staff
member can direct you on our procedures.
Cynthia Sutcliffe, Director of Marketing & Development