MEMBERSHIP & SUPPORT
HELP THROUGH MEMBERSHIPS & DONATIONS
Caring Hands Humane Society has made tremendous progress towards our goal of becoming a no-kill community during the past few years. Each year we are able to save more and more companion animals and place them in new forever homes. While they are here we also try to provide the best quality of life possible for the furry (and feathered) friends entrusted to us.
We are able to accomplish this because of the support of our community.
Volunteers come in to socialize, exercise, bathe and groom the pets here. Donations make sure the animals are kept warm at night and that they do not go to bed hungry. Donations pay for medical care and vaccinations. Memorials, Endowments and Legacies have allowed us to greatly expand the scope of our operations – which has meant more lives saved. Every bit of help, no matter how small, does make a difference!
On behalf of the companion animals in our care we thank you for the help you have given!
DONATIONS SAVES LIVES
A shelter cannot reach no-kill on its own – it takes a community! The simple truth is that all the good that happens here is because of the tremendous support we receive from the Caring Hands community – from YOU!
Every dollar goes a long way here too! Vaccinations are particularly important at this time. With crowded conditions comes greater risk of disease – and more danger to the companion animals in our care.
Your support means an animal here, or several animals will get a new leash on life!
MEMORIALS & LEGACIES
Do you want to leave the world a better place for your having lived? Perhaps you would like to honor the charitable nature of someone you have loved and lost. Legacies and Memorials are ways for people from all walks of life to think beyond their life span or to honor a loved one.
This way of giving makes a difference in lives yet to come, in this case both the lives of companion animals and the lives of the people who will love them. Gifts large and small are important and every gift makes a difference!
If you are interested, please call us at 316-283-0839 or CLICK HERE to learn more about Memorials and Legacies.
TUFFY'S UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FUNDS
This fund covers immediate needs that cannot be filled through the regular operation of Caring Hands – including off site and extended veterinary services, emergency short term boarding costs and any other unforeseen special needs.
By donating to Tuffy’s Fund you will help us reach our ultimate goal of saving the life of every adoptable companion animal.
Thanks to the help of people like you, we have been able to save more and more animals each year! The generosity of those willing to help, in the form of purchasing memberships, donations, fostering, volunteering and donating food and blankets has not only allowed us to save more lives, but to improve the quality of life for the companion animals in the care of Caring Hands Humane Society.
You will not only help the animals here, you will receive benefits as well. Click here to learn more about member benefits!
Click on the “Buy Now” button below to help CHHS by purchasing a membership!
*COVID We are doing everything we can to ensure the comfort and safety of our shelter animals, staff, volunteers and community.
CHHS is making temporary changes to reduce the risk of spreading the illness. Our primary goal is to reduce the number of people going in and out of our building.
- VISITING: We are not allowing visiting at this time without intention to adopt or
foster pets. We are limiting contact with our animals to prevent the spread of the virus.
- SNYP: Please call ahead and we will come to your vehicle to assist you.
- ADOPT/FOSTER: If you are interested in adopting one of our animals, we ask that you fillout an application online. Once this is completed, you can call us to check on the status of the application. We are asking that you wait to visit with the animals until your application has been approved, and only visit with the animals that you are seriously interested in. DOG MEETS will be done outdoors at this time. CATS will be allowed one visitor at a time in our visitation room. We will schedule a time for you to come visit the animal you are interested in. Please wait in your car and call when you are waiting to be assisted.
- OWNER SURRENDER: CALL AHEAD TO SCHEDULE. We will meet you at your vehicle so that you do not have to come into the building. Please call and let us know you are in the parking lot waiting to be assisted. We are asking that you call us at 316-283-0839 to schedule a time to surrender your animal(s). We are aiming to reduce the frequency of this,
as a shelter environment is not going to be the best option for them at this time. If you are needing some kind of assistance to keep your pet for at least the next two weeks, please get in touch with us as we may be able to help with your situation. We will only accept surrenders from our required locations: HARVEY COUNTY residents not living within any city limits, NEWTON residents, NORTH NEWTON residents, and BURRTON residents.
- STRAYS: CALL AHEAD. We will meet you at your vehicle so that you do not have to come into the building. Please call and let us know you are in the parking lot waiting to be
assisted. We are asking to please work with your community if you find a stray pet to attempt to find owners. We can also share photos on our page to help with attempting to
find owners before bringing a lost pet here.
- VOLUNTEERS: No volunteer duties at this time, unless it is related to Adventure Tails.
IF you are bringing an animal for any reason, please leave your animal in your vehicle to limit the amount of exposure from animal to person and animal to animal, until a staff
member can direct you on our procedures.
HOW TO HELP RIGHT NOW
Following our temporary guidelines is the best way that you can help support us during this time. We thank you all for your understanding. For all questions and concerns, please call us at 316-283-0839.
CURRENT DONATION REQUESTS:
Please call ahead.
- Purina One Kitten food
- Purina One Puppy food
- Washable masks
- Puppy Pads